JOB OPENING: Structural Engineering Intern
Kirkpatrick Forest Curtis PC (KFC Engineering) is seeking an Entry Level Structural Engineer for the design of building superstructures and foundations. Candidate must be located near Oklahoma City, have a civil, structural or architectural-engineering degree from an ABET accredited program, and have an unrestricted work visa. Ideal candidate will have less than 5 years of experience, will have passed the FE exam and be licensed as an E.I. KFC Engineering offers competitive salary and benefits. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KFC Engineering offices are freshly renovated and provide an environment that promotes active collaboration and close camaraderie among our staff. Located approximately 5 miles north of downtown Oklahoma City, our offices are easily accessible off Interstate 44 and Lincoln Boulevard.
KFC has sponsored summer internships since 2006. The number of internships has varied from 1 to 4 per summer and is based upon work load and availability of experienced staff to provide adequate mentoring. We request that all candidates at least have structural coursework for steel and concrete material designs. Decisions on summer interns are not typically made until late March or early April.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT KFC
- Mentoring: KFC Engineering has grown its professional staff by mentoring summer engineering interns and new engineering graduates with experienced and licensed engineers. Because we expect questions from our intern engineers, we assign mentors to help interns acclimate to our professional work environment.
- Professionalism: We have a great blend of young and experienced professional staff who bring unique, but varied, expertise to our knowledge base. A spirit of cooperation prevails in our office as we all work together to continue to learn and keep abreast of the latest technical guides and construction techniques.
- Project Types: We perform a wide range of non-residential building designs that use all of the major structural materials such as structural steel, concrete, masonry and timber and consider both design and serviceability criteria.
- Continuing Education: We support continuing education of our professional staff as it is required for licensure, but also necessary to keep up with technical advances.
- Flexible Hours: We understand that all people have different outside interests and responsibilities. As such, we offer flexible work hours allowing individuals to suit their needs.
- Benefits: KFC offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes a company-funded 401-K retirement plan, paid employee health insurance, 3 weeks of paid time off for the first seven years and 4 weeks thereafter, and year-end profit sharing bonuses.
STRENGTH & SERVICE ABILITY IN ENGINEERING