KFC IS HIRING – JOIN OUR TEAM!
Licensed Structural Engineer or Engineer Intern: Kirkpatrick Forest Curtis PC (KFC Engineering) seeks full-time licensed structural engineers (PE/SE) and structural engineer interns (EI) with experience designing building superstructures and foundations. Responsibilities will include design of structural steel, concrete, masonry, and timber structures. Responsibilities of this position will also require frequent collaboration with Architects and General Contractors on the design and construction of projects.
- A Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering or a Bachelor of Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in building structures from an ABET accredited program (Master’s degree is preferred)
- Successful passage of the FE exam (required), PE exam or SE exam (preferred)
- 1-5 years structural engineering experience
- An unrestricted work visa
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client interaction capabilities
Email resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KFC Engineering offices are freshly renovated and provide an environment that promotes active collaboration and close camaraderie among our staff. Located approximately 5 miles north of downtown Oklahoma City, our offices are easily accessible off Interstate 44 and Lincoln Boulevard.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT KFC
- Mentoring: KFC Engineering has grown its professional staff by mentoring summer engineering interns and new engineering graduates with experienced and licensed engineers. Because we expect questions from our intern engineers, we assign mentors to help interns acclimate to our professional work environment.
- Professionalism: We have a great blend of young and experienced professional staff who bring unique, but varied, expertise to our knowledge base. A spirit of cooperation prevails in our office as we all work together to continue to learn and keep abreast of the latest technical guides and construction techniques.
- Project Types: We perform a wide range of non-residential building designs that use all of the major structural materials such as structural steel, concrete, masonry and timber and consider both design and serviceability criteria.
- Continuing Education: We support continuing education of our professional staff as it is required for licensure, but also necessary to keep up with technical advances.
- Flexible Hours: We understand that all people have different outside interests and responsibilities. As such, we offer flexible work hours allowing individuals to suit their needs.
- Benefits: KFC offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes a company-funded 401-K retirement plan, paid employee health insurance, 3 weeks of paid time off for the first seven years and 4 weeks thereafter, and year-end profit sharing bonuses.
KFC has sponsored summer internships since 2006. The number of internships has varied from 1 to 4 per summer and is based upon work load and availability of experienced staff to provide adequate mentoring. We request that all candidates at least have structural coursework for steel and concrete material designs. Decisions on summer interns are not typically made until late March or early April.
STRENGTH & SERVICE ABILITY IN ENGINEERING